Stitched Up Dreams

My world of Stitches, Wishes, Hopes, and Dreams.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, OH, United States

I dream of romantic evenings, wish for the ultimate love, hope for a future filled with both.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

WOW...I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last posted. Life has this unhappy way of overwhelming you. I loved watching the Olympics although by the time they were over in the evenings - I was too tired to post.

Since I last posted I have worked on my daughter's unicorn from Stoney Creek. I have started on the flowers that hang around its neck. I also started on a Dimension Kit of kittens looking through a window at some birds - the name escapes me - however, I started this in place of The Promise in my rotation. I just couldn't bring myself to work on that eagle so decided to replace it in the rotation.

This week I am working on a Dimensions Petite called Enchanted Cottage. However, during the day I am working on my first Round Robin piece. I joined a RR through the EMS message board and am working on my piece. I chose the theme of birds and am stitching some Stoney Creek birds (black-capped chickadees) that was part of their Flight of Fancy afghan series. This RR contains 6 people so I put together a piece of fabric to hold 4 birds and then 2 individual smaller pieces. That way I have one big picture with a small one on each side when I hang them on my wall. I am really excited about participating in this.

In between all this I am working on my first afghan - Stoney Creek's Shoreline Beacons - I am doing the stitching around the edge of the afghan for fringing first before I start any of the lighthouses. This may seem odd but I really wanted to get this part out of the way first - it is rather tedious and I didn't want to save it for last.

Hopefully life has settled down a bit so that I can keep up with this blog more regularly - have caught up on reading everyone elses - it is good to be back!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home